1. Limited Warranty. Hydra Research, LLC (“HRL”) warrants to the original purchaser (the “Customer”) that the products purchased by Customer from HRL (the “Products”) are free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment to Customer for assembled 3D printers and 3D printer acessories maufactured by HRL and for a period of thirty (30) days from the date of shipment to Customer for other Products, unless otherwise specified by HRL.
2. HRL’s Obligation. The sole obligation of HRL, at its option and without charge, is to repair, replace, or refund the original purchase price paid by Customer for, any Product or part, which HRL manufactures and which HRL agrees is defective. Repair parts or replacement Products may be new, remanufactured, or refurbished, at the sole discretion of HRL. All returned parts or Products that are replaced become the property of HRL.
3. Transfer of Other Warranties. In the case of equipment and accessories not manufactured by HRL, if a warranty is extended by the manufacturers thereof and transferable to Customer, HRL shall transfer such warranty to Customer.
4. Exclusions. HRL’s limited warranty provided herein does not cover: (i) normal wear and tear; (ii) transport damage; (iii) failure to follow operation or maintenance instructions; (iv) Customer’s negligent modification, disassembly or attempted repairs of the Product; (v) abuse, misuse or negligent acts; (vi) accidental or intentional damage; or (vii) cosmetic shortcomings which do not influence Product function.
5. Disclaimers. unless expressly set forth in this limited warranty, HRL makes no warranty of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, with respect to any products furnished hereunder. HRL expressly disclaims, where legally permitted to make such disclaimer, any warranties implied by law, including but not limited to any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Some states do not allow limitations on the existence of implied warranties, or how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
6. Limitation of Damages. IN NO EVENT SHALL HRL BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, PROFITS, OR DOWN-TIME (HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER THE BASIS OF LIABILITY IS BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), STATUTE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY), EVEN IF HRL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. HRL’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER, FROM ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND UNDER ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY, WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNTS PAID TO HRL BY CUSTOMER. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. THE REMEDIES UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY ARE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Process for Defective Products.
7.1 A Return Merchandize Authorization (“RMA”) number must be obtained from HRL before Customer can return any Product to HRL for warranty service. An HRL representative will gather the appropriate account and Product information and verify warranty status. HRL must receive notification of the need for warranty service before the end of the applicable limited warranty period. The RMA number must be included on the outside packaging of the returned Product. To obtain an RMA number, please contact HRL by mail or email as follows:
929 NE 23rd Ave
Portland, OR, 97232 USA
7.2 Any approved RMA should be considered provisional, based on verification of in-warranty status when the Product is received at HRL. If HRL determines that the Product is out-of-warranty, Customer will be notified. At the Customer’s discretion, HRL will either scrap the out-of-warranty Product or return it to Customer.
7.3 Customer is responsible for all shipping charges for RMAs to HRL, and HRL is responsible for all shipping charges to return the Product or its replacement to the Customer.
7.4 HRL will typically not decide whether to repair, replace, or refund the purchase price for, any returned Product until the returned Product is received at HRL and the warranty status is confirmed.
7.5 Under special circumstances, if the Customer would like to expedite the RMA process, HRL may agree from time to time to cross-ship a replacement Product after the issuance of an RMA number but before receipt of the returned Product, but HRL shall not be obligated to do so. Cross-ship orders require a valid credit card number or credit account to secure the HRL Product. The Customer’s credit card or credit account will be credited if HRL receives the returned Product within fifteen (15) days of the date on which HRL ships the replacement Product, and provided further that the returned Product was in-warranty.
8. Discontinuance of Products. Notwithstanding any language in this limited warranty to the contrary, HRL shall have the right to discontinue the availability of any Product or components or replacement parts therefor, or to make design changes or improvements in the Products at any time and such discontinuance or change shall not constitute a breach of warranty, or result in liability for HRL under any legal theory whatsoever. HRL shall have no obligation to retrofit, change or improve Products purchased by Customer prior to the discontinuance or change.
9. Other Rights. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State, and from Country to Country.
9.1 SOME STATES OR COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF REMEDIES, IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR THE APPLICABLE TIME PERIODS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9.2 EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT LAWFULLY PERMITTED, THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT OR MODIFY STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLICABLE TO WHERE THE PRODUCT IS SOLD, BUT RATHER IS IN ADDITION TO THESE RIGHTS.
9.3 This Warranty does not cover in any way manufactured goods produced by HRL for the HRL 3D Print Service of Volume Printing Service.