Nautilus Development - June 2018 Update

Hardware design essentially complete

I am pretty happy with the hardware design of the printer. I have reached a point where there are no major issues and everything fits and functions properly. The front frame panel now goes top to bottom and the door is inset into this panel. This increases the rigidity of the printer. Additionally, I have opted for an all-black design in this iteration, as black printed parts are easier to produce without cosmetic defects I decided that I want the acrylic to match the printed parts, so a matte black acrylic will be used. 

 

 
IMG_0874.jpg

On to the firmware

I am now beginning to work on the firmware for the printer. I am porting the firmware used for the Prusa i3 mk3. First steps are to switch to corexy movement and ensure that I can get all mk3 features working with corexy. 

 

 
IMG_0653.jpg

Component Sourcing

Component sourcing for production estimates is well underway. I have found suppliers for most of the key components and have contacted manufactures regarding custom components that cannot be manufactured in house.